Adjustable Camber Kit (Midget)
Updated July 2019 for plate Kit V3.1
The Mamba Motorsport Adjustable Camber Kit is designed to allow fine adjustment of the camber on a track Spridget.
- 1 x LH Base Plate
- 1 x RH Base Plate
- 1x LH Top Plate
- 1 x RH Top Plate
- 6 x 1" x 3/8" Base Bolts
- 4 x 1"1/4 3/8" Clamp Bolts
- 4 x 1"1/2 3/8" Clamp Bolts
- 6 x 3/8" Damper Bolts
- 14 x 3/8" Nyloc Nuts
- 14 x 3/8" washers
This kit modifies the suspension of your track car. Incorrect installation could cause suspension failure with the possibility of injury. If in doubt get a professional to install and setup the kit.
Torque all bolts to 30ftlb.
- Measure the existing camber and toe settings for reference.
Note: Always 'bounce' the car to settle the springs and dampers and weight the car to mimic the mass of the driver before taking geometry measurements.
- Jack the car until the front wheels are just touching the ground and the damper arms are just clear of the bump stops.
- Undo the bolts from the dampers. You may wish to take the opportunity to recondition the dampers.
- Insert the new damper bolts through the top plate, through the damper (from bottom to top), washers on and do up the Nyloc Nuts on the top face of the damper.
- Insert the clamp bolts through the base plate slots (from bottom to top) and place the plate on the turret to stop them dropping out. The short (1"1/4) clamp bolts are positioned toward the outside of the car under the damper pivot.
- Insert the base bolts through the base plate from top to bottom and bolt to the turret.
- Put the top plate and damper assembly on top of the plate stack.
- Do up the clamp bots with washers underneath them but do not torque them down fully, just a 'nip'.
- Gently let the car down and settle it to ride height.
- Set the camber by loosening the clamp nuts and sliding the damper. A hide mallet can be used on the damper for small adjustment if required.
- Torque the clamp bolts.
- Set the tracking (for track use we recommend 0deg08' per side of toe-in)
- After the first drive, check the torque on the clamp bolts and the camber setting.
Do NOT over torque the Nuts and Bolts.
Do NOT Paint the sliding surfaces of the plates until after installation.
Do NOT grease between the plates.
Any problems give us a call.
Mock installation of right hand damper on cardboard.